02 May 2012

Author's Note And Comments

Comments 
When we read comments and A/N, we see these a lot, but it's something we really don't give a crap about. Although there's nothing really huge about this, it does play out a prodigious part on making impressions ... well, to me it does. Please take into consideration that these are solely my opinions and you may agree or disagree. Correct me if you find something incoherent.

1. I need 5 comments to start/update this story!
When I see something like this, I immediately back away. 1) that author is writing for popularity, and 2) the story will most likely be lousy. Manipulating readers is not very nice, and you won't feel accomplished by doing that.

2. Update! Update! Update!
Do not rush/compel the author. Maybe they are facing exams, grounded from the internet, their internet is wack, or etc. If you push them into writing faster, their updates may not be as epic, unlike this story. And I have waited a month for that story to update, it was worth it.

3. I am deleting this story ... Just kidding!
This is just my opinion, but I find these messages more funny than scary. Why? I find these mostly in cliche and horrendous written stories. Now, if my favorite author(s) said something like that, I would cry (oh goodness, I hope I didn't jinx myself).

4. Plagiarizing is a no-no!
Or that author will take out their pink shotgun and have the desire to shoot rainbow pee at you. Unless your story is a work of art, I consider these very hilarious. Especially when the author's story is like this:

OMAGAAH! I got kicked out of my school because I was being a bad girl. And now, I have to go to the prestigious Woollim Academy! I really hate it because there's this one guy that always bothers me *ahem* Jang DongButt Dongwoo. What's worse, is that I'm infatuated when I see his pulchritudinous face!  


Please don't plagiarize, reduce, reuse, recycle, counterfeit, imitate, reprint, mimeograph, or transmogrify my beautiful story to Konglish! I worked my butt off writing this. Kamsahapnida! Konnichiwa! 

I think I just made a laughing stock out of myself. Don't think I'm mean guys because I'm not. I just think it's funny when some authors do this. I mean, who in the world would wanna copy your story, if it's badly written?

Author's Note
I'm just going to address the Do's and Dont's of A/N formatting. I don't see it as something important, but I just want to voice out my viewpoint on this.

1. If you're a minor, please click back
Highlighted text is a huge no and I find it very ugly. If you don't know what I'm trying to explain, see this (ignore the words above).

2. All because of Mickey Mouse ...
Don't make a whole essay that's longer than you story, explaining irrelevant things like why you haven't updated for a week. Most likely, the reader could care less about what happened when you went to Universal Studios. Make a blog post instead, that's what they are for, right?

3. Don't die on me Sungyeol!
It's really irritating when some authors have unnecessary A/N(s) in the middle of their story. It just ruins the mood and I find it very sloppy. Take this as an example:

I looked away as Dongwoo approached me . He smiled (A/N: Aaah! That is so hot! *Internet fangirl scream*), grabbing my hand as he led me under the luminous stars (A/N: ASHASJDHFJDS! I think I'm going to faint! Does my Author's Note annoy you?). 


Or this:


I knew it was Sungyeol's last day on Earth, yet it feels as if this was just a dream. I have come to realize that this was reality, as his eyes slowly closed to a deep slumber (A/N: No! Don't die Sungyeol!). He lightly smiled as hot tears fell from my eyes (A/N: You better not die on me Sungyeol or imma kick you in the balls). "I'm glad I was able to keep you safe [insert your name here]," He said in a whisper. (A/N: I totally cried on this one *sniffles* Please support me guys). 


4. Tao is mine!
I know, the author's note is your time to spazz and use slang/horrible grammar, but don't overdo it. What I mean is:

Hello fraaands! Layk, I reely enjoyed writing chapter about Sungyeol dying <3 Kiss kiss mwuah mwuah and do read my other fanfics. I love youuu <3 


I happen to stumble on something like the above, and I was like ... what in the name of Bert is she trying to say? And I do like the name Bert, thank you very much. Also, try not to give out too much information about the next chapter.


The next chapter is about Sungyeol coming back to life even though he's dead. You know ... because it's fanfiction. Aren't you [insert your name here], ecstatic? They get married at the end too. Oops, I think I gave out too much information? 


Now you know that Tao is mine!


Credits: asianfanficsfail, ErisChaotica (plagiarizing thing), and merriam-webster (pulchritudinous word).

No comments:

Post a Comment