30 March 2012

5 People You Meet In Heaven

Have anyone of you watched or read the movie and book The 5 People You Meet In Heaven? At first, I thought it was going to be boring and all (lol I should really listen to my elders when they say "Don't judge a book by its cover"), but as the plot deepens, I found myself hooked on that movie. I even skipped eating with my friends just to finish it. I highly recommend this movie because it made me cry and it taught me some lessons about life. If you're wondering what it's about, the short summary is below.
The novel opens at Ruby Pier on Eddie's 83rd birthday. He goes about his normal routine until one of the rides breaks. Eddie gives a fellow worker, Dominquez, instructions on how to fix the ride; however, one of the carts breaks free from the ride and falls to the pier. Eddie jumps out of the way and tries to push a little girl out of the path of the falling cart. Eddie does not get out of the way in time and is killed by the falling cart.
(source: wikipedia)

I'm not going to say anymore about the movie because I don't want to give out spoilers, but other than the fact that I flopped when they mention the Philippines. Also, I really love the "colors" of the movie. I don't know how to explain it, but the lighting/colors they used really matched the setting. The music was cool too.

“All endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment