11 August 2012

The Use of Konglish

Disclaimer: If you can't handle criticisms that well, then I suggest you shouldn't read this. Anything mentioned here is not targeted to anyone; these are just my presumptions.

One of the things that pisses me the most in AFF is when authors use Konglish... Extreme Konglish! As in to the point that you can't even understand what the fuck the characters are saying. I mean, it’s okay to use words such as unnie, oppa, or something light. But going too far and ending up like the one below is not acceptable.

"Annyeonghaseyo Sungjong oppa!"
"Neo babo ya!"
"Aniyo, I'm not a babo." 
"Neh you are, wae did you throw my homework away, noona?"
"Jeorang gyeoronae juseyo." 

No need for translations when I can't even understand that myself. 

Unless you are Korean or someone who had studied the Korean language, it's not advisable for you to use Konglish because for all we know, the words up there might mean something offensive or better yet, like this. Wouldn't you feel embarrassed when something like that happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment