04 September 2012

The Thing Is...

I dislike Livejournal, really. Skimming through the posts in my former blog, Life of an IcecreamPocky, it is so that I have written a complaint about LJ. Reading it as of right now, I have some grammar studying to do. Read it below if you want.

"Gosh, I don't what the eff I'm supposed to do! All these people posting stories (mostly yaoi) and having nice journals and many friends, I just don't know how to be like them. This was like when I started tumblr and Asianfanfics. I had no idea on how things went and after a few days or one week, I got used to how it works. But, Livejournal is soo much different and it confuses me. LJ keeps sending me messages on every little thing I do and the layouts confuses me. Also, there is too much yaoi stories that it's actually making me hate yaoi. I mean, I love yaoi and I enjoy it, but if there's a little too much then I kind of go where people aren't usually at (that means I go back to reading straight love boyxgirl). I guess I am just being impatient, which is one of the most horrible things internet has done to me. Well, I'm going to give Livejournal a chance maybe in a few months or so, I won't be as confused as right now."

Now, I'm giving it another thought and that maybe I should start posting my stories there as well. I mean I do like AFF better because it's more friendly, it gives you a chance (a reason why there's so much horrendous written stories there), and your writing is more likely to be recognized there. Either way, my writing is not perceived in AFF as well so it's all good anyway. Of course, I have stopped caring a long time ago on how many comments and subscribers I receive.

I just want readers- like any other author out there.

For those of you who are just like me, don't give up. Don't let the lack of subscribers/comments/readers bring you down or lead you to writing illogical, terrible grammar, poor characterization, using random Konglish sh*t here and there, cliché, and basically just plain f*ckery fics since 90% of AFFers prefer those kind of stories. Keep doing what you are doing right now and it will pay off someday.

Good luck with school and life, the beginning of my road to becoming a mechanical engineer starts this Wednesday if anyone cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment