28 April 2012

A Contemplation On My Internet Name

In other words, the story behind Azn-Kaykay and my blog url. I know it's not to your interest that I talk about how I thought of my internet name(s), but this is something I've wanted to post a long time ago.

1. Azn-Kaykay
This nickname has always been significant to me because it was the beginning of my internet life. Back then, I never went to the computer, but instead played video games, prioritized my studies, and/or exercise (it's not that I don't, but I don't do it as often now). It was last year that my friend had introduced me to tumblr and I decided why not. So, I had to come up with a url; it was then that the name Azn-Kaykay was born. In short, Azn means Asian, and Kaykay is a double of my other nickname.

2. Kaikai98
Thinking about it just now, it sounds pretty gay (along with my blog's name). But, I may want to rename my blog so that's why my url couldn't be dreamdoodles.blogspot.com or anything like that. Although, it may not be as special as Azn-Kaykay, the meaning is really memorable to me. Kai is a double of many of my nicknames, and what is distinct about it is that only my grandma calls me that (just add the pinoy accent to it). The 98 part is my favorite numbers. Since my birthday is 9/9, nine has always been my favorite number, and my other grandma has always made a fuss about how I should always choose eight because it is the Cantonese lucky number.

Okay, I do apologize if that was too technical, when I could have just said their meanings in one or two sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment